Friday, August 30, 2013

On Blogathons, Endings, and What I Learned



Over.

The blogathon ends today.

What do I know after thirty days of a dedicated practice to blogging?

1.  Practice is the key word.  To vest in the practice is to make it worthwhile.  Knowing one has shown up each day and written from our hearts and spirits, is a marvelous thing.

2.  I don't have to be read by others to keep going.  Some days no visitors dropped in or commented on my blog.  Of course, having an amazing readership would be great, but it's not mandatory.  Coming to the page to write is honoring who we are as persons, it tells us we count, that our voices are important.

3.  It's a joy to read others' words and view their art and thoughts.  I was part of this dedicated community.  I got used to seeing and connecting with blog participants.

4.  Effy deserves a huge thanks.  Thanks for calling us to write, for seeing this through, and for creating community while we wrote.

5. My favorite blog I wrote was "On Pedicures, Good Food, and Love."  This writing was about a recent visit with my daughters.

6.  I had many favorite bloggers to peak in on each day, including Zoe and Cynthia Lee, and many others.

7.  I'm glad I did it.  In a whirly world where its hard to start something without getting stopped along the way, this is a big deal for me.  A really big deal.

For all the fun and for sharing your words, THANKS!!

xo Karen


1 comment:

  1. Being read by others is a perk. I post for me. I'm SelfFull like that. :)
    And yeah, gratitude for Effy is an pretty much daily practice in my life. I don't think she knows it, but I'm so thankful that our paths crossed.
    Finally, my take-away from this blogalong was not the practice of posting, but the practice of visiting other blogs.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete