Thursday, August 29, 2013

On Blogging, Late Classes, and Teaching

Well, I did not blog yesterday.

I forgot.  The day got old and my body went into dreamland without even thinking of it.  Of course, I want to finish out the final days, so hopefully I'll post tonight too.

This evening my fall term starts for school.  I'm teaching college freshman their 101 course.  One of my classes is a night one that goes from 8:05 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.  On most days, I'm already in bed by that time.

I remember one night when I was supposed to be teaching class, I already had my pajamas on.  I was sitting on the couch all comfy when the alarm went off in my head--you have class tonight.  Fortunately, I had time to get ready and head off to class without being late.

I've been so lucky to have had the summer off.  I'm spoiled now about working--as in I don't want to.  I've been able this summer to play and do art and relax.

But I need to get in gear--get my little backpack filled with books, pencils, and notebooks, and head into the semester thankful that I am able to teach these students.  Actually, they teach me a lot too.

Just heard the school bell.  I'm off to class!!


No comments:

Post a Comment