Friday, August 23, 2013

On Fun Days, Silence, and Knowing Both are Good/23

It's 11:03 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

I'm in a hotel in Atlanta.  I've spent the day with my daughters.  We have had a marvelous time together.  Now they have gone back to their dad's house and I am here alone.

All I hear is the hum of the air conditioning unit and the tapping on the computer keys.  My white wine in a paper coffee cup is almost empty.  I've washed my face, brushed my teeth, taken my medicine.

Here I am to say a little goodnight to the blogging world.

Huge days are are often followed by silent moments.  Silent moments may be what make huge days worthwhile.

It's when the tired kicks in from the laughing and talking and eating and playing, when you know it's over for the day, the quiet slides in unexpected on its heels.

Tonight I'm watching the quiet and am grateful for huge days.  I'm watching the quiet and realizing how grateful I am for that and for living life out loud.

I'm tired this evening but I wouldn't give up the tired for the amount of fun I've had today.

And I wouldn't give up this silence either.


1 comment:

  1. "Silent moments may be what make huge days worthwhile."

    Indeed.

    Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete