Friday, August 23, 2013

On Daughters, Mothers, and Rendezvous

Oops.

I missed a day.  But I'll catch up again.

I was traveling to visit my daughters.  We are rendezvousing in Atlanta.  That's where they grew up and I lived for 30 years during my first marriage.

Now we are spread out across the eastern United States.  The oldest lives in Brooklyn and is studying for her doctorate in English.  The youngest by two years lives in Charleston and works for an advertising company there as a writer/editor.

I love my girls. So proud of them.  They are so different.  The oldest one is a little more reserved and organized and truly thoughtful of others when buying gifts or spending time with them.  The youngest is more of a free spirit, fun and laughing and very giving as well.

They are both great writers.  I love that about them.

They've grown up to be such wonderful women.  They each have their own views and thoughts and life plans and spirituality and ideas on feminism.  I feel privileged to see what they create, what they say, and watch their lives unfold.

This weekend we will have delicious meals together, shop at Phoenix and the Dragon Bookstore, lay in the sun, get pedicures, laugh, talk and laugh and talk some more.

I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.   Period.

"Thank heaven for little girls."

------------------------------------------------
What is the most favorite thing you do with your daughters or sons?


No comments:

Post a Comment