Saturday, August 17, 2013

On Old Computers, New Computers, and a Day at Best Buy/Day 17

The computer died.

It started by simply slowing down.  A rainbow circle began spinning 'round and 'round again.

I thought maybe it was something I had downloaded or "done."

I let it rest overnight.  When I woke up on the 14th, it wouldn't work at all.  So much for trying to blog 30 days in a row.

I'm going to try to catch up.  I've missed reading everyone else's blogs while computerless.

My husband and I took the worn  out computer to the Geek Squad at Best Buy.  We left the store while they worked on it for an hour.  We visited an antique store and bought me blue rhinestone necklace.  It wasn't that expensive, but reminded me of one that my Grandma Lucy had.

When we returned to check on progress, the little Geeks said it would take about another hour or so to complete what they were doing.  We went to Ruby Tuesday to try their new pretzel burgers.  They were okay.  Not something I would want anytime soon.

Back at Best Buy, the guys and gals were awesome in diagnosing the problems--one being it needed a new hard drive, two being the fans to keep the computer cool had stopped working.

All that meant we had the option of sending the computer to Apple to fix the fans and then buying a new hard drive and installing it (which would be expensive) or buying a new computer.  Since my computer was more than a few years old, we decided we should probably put our money into a new one rather than on repairs on the old one.

We backed up the info on the old computer.  It took two days to finish b/c the computer was so slow.  But today it finished.  We set up the new computer and here I am typing on new little computer keys that click their happy sound as I type.

I'm thankful I'm back online again.

I wonder what I'll blog about next.

Old Computer

New Computer

No comments:

Post a Comment