Friday, August 30, 2013

On New Things, Intuitions, and Comforters


Sometimes you just need an update.

About a year ago we purchased a new bed for our master bedroom.  The headboard we were using was a beautiful bluish screen of metal and rattan.  It was totally shabby chic.  However, it didn't make for a very comfortable backrest while drinking coffee or reading emails in the morning.  That's the reason for the new bed.

The comforter we had worked well.  I bought it for $25 at an antique stores.  It was white and light lime green and matched perfectly the chartreuse antique chair.  I liked the white one but thought we were ready for some color.

I received an advertisement for a home sale at Belk stores.  I decided to go and check out a few of the floral ones for sale.

Once in the store, I zoned in on one particular comforter that matched all the colors in our room.  I decided to buy it and try it on our bed.

What happened was a glorious pop of color.  Upon putting it on the bed, I took a little snooze just to get the energy of it.

It's funny how if you follow your intuition for finding this or that new item or doing this or that new thing, the right item oftentimes comes to find you.  That's what happened with this pretty floral comforter.

Maybe something new is calling you right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment