Sunday, August 25, 2013

On Pedicures, Good Food, and Love/24

My little trip with my daughters is over.

I drove the three hours and thirty minutes home without a glitch and am thankful.  This excursion with my girls reminds me how important family and connections are.

Of course we did the things that were fun--went to a French bakery, Douceur de France, and took our blueberry cheese croissant and regular croissants to the pool to eat.

The pool was blue watered and cool to the body as you stepped in.  I remember ducking under and feeling the wash of water over me--like a renewal of sorts.  We sipped our coffee, fought the local bugs around, and laughed and talked.  It was scrumptious.

We dined one night at a restaurant called The Chicken and the Egg.  I had a shrimp and grits entree that was delish.  This restaurant was sleek and modern, yet the tables and white chairs had a rustic feel to them.

I guess it sounds like all we did was eat!!  And it was!!

On Saturday, we had manicures and pedicures done.  As it turned out, each of us picked out different shades of gray to for our polish color.  A tea room with a little shop beneath it provided lunch--rose tea and chicken salad.  In the shop I discovered this bright pink little bottle for $6.00 that I bought to put in my kitchen window at home.

That night we ate Mexican food and went back to the hotel for wine by the pool and more talking and laughing.  We stayed until a big bug got close to us and we headed back to the room.

All this seems like a pretty simple menu of days, doesn't it?  No matter where we went or how many restaurants we ate in or what we did, the camaraderie of family was prevalent.

Is this to say that there are never disagreements or concerns or different wishes we have for each other's lives?  No.  But it is to say that a common bond threaded throughout the weekend and does every time we're together.

I think it's called love.

No comments:

Post a Comment