Saturday, August 17, 2013

On Sorrow, Depression, and Its Many Faces/Day 16



The Disease of Many Faces

Last night, the sadness
overtook my chest.  It came
out in sobs--that feeling
of not being worth anything
to anyone.  I was reminded
of the depression that
entered my body two
years ago, the one that
took me deep down into
a cave of sorrow. The one
that made me not want to
be alive.  My body remembered
too and issued a fear alert--is
this where you are headed
again?  I thought, "Oh no.
I cannot drop into
the darkest night of my soul.
How can I make sure
I do not?  "Sleep," the voice
in my head offered.  "Sleep."
I closed my eyes to the
tears and the dark dread.
"In the morning," I thought
to myself.  "I'll feel better."
And I did.  But I await
night and the return to
this disease of many faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment