Monday, August 19, 2013

On Gold Sofas, the Beach, and Rain/Day 19

It looks like rain.  I don't think it will rain though.

I am sitting on my gold sofa, a ritual of this summer.  My puppy, Happy, snoozes by my side.  She has a ritual of being on the sofa with me.  My husband just sat down on his side of the couch.  He's propped his feet up on the leg rests that pull out from this piece of furniture.

So here we are.  We're this tiny family living out our summer days with contentment.  We move  with a twin sentiment of living, loving, and enjoying the season.

Later this year, we are going to the beach for a bit.  I love the beach, the ocean's salty smells, the warmth in the air entering the lungs and cleansing it, the feel of the sand between the toes.  I'm excited.  We don't go until October.

I look forward to the trip now.  I anticipate it now.  I imagine what we'll do, where we'll walk, what shells we'll find.  I wonder what tales the ocean will reveal to me--how I'll feel while viewing one of those endless sunsets--how I'll feel being one with the Source of all that is.

It's been an easy summer--of coffee in bed, of pampering, of doing whatever we want to do.  I don't know if next summer will mirror this one.  I hope it will again provide the leisure.  There's something about slow-paced days that brings one home, that makes one stop to see if the anticipated rain did come.

And it did.

It's raining now.

No comments:

Post a Comment