Tuesday, August 6, 2013

On Altered Books, Rain, and Community I/Day 6



Blogging along with Effy day 6.

It's a damp morning here in southern middle Tennessee.  

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying blogging along as much as I have.  I so enjoy reading the posts and connecting with fellow bloggers. I want to thank Effy for starting this blogalong.

I thought I'd post pictures from a book I made for a friend who is going through a very hard time right now.  The book is altered from a school reader textbook called Peppermint Fence. If you ever see a copy, take a look.  It is quite whimsical.  I hated altering it, really, but thought it fit size wise with what I needed.  

The book has the word hope throughout.  It is where I got the name for my blog--Peppermint Hope.

I hope you enjoy looking at the pages.

Have a great day wherever you call home.

Karen

p.s.  Couldn't fit all images on first blog.  Second post is the remaining.  :-)


1 comment:

  1. I love the golden page with the iconostas! Reminds me of when I was a kid and in a Byzantine church. :)

    ReplyDelete